Connect with us

Foreign Celebrity

Nick Knowles addresses THAT axing conflict from DIY SOS and confirms it is ‘sorted now’

Published

on

Nick Knowles addresses THAT axing conflict from DIY SOS and confirms it is 'sorted now'

Nick Knowles, 59, has finally spoken out over his absence from DIY SOS after a conflict with the BBC over a cereal campaign.

The presenter was dropped from a special of the show after starring in an advert for Shreddies, going against the broadcaster’s guidelines.

Talking on the situation during an appearance on This Morning on Friday, Nick described the absence as a ‘misunderstanding’, before assuring that it is ‘sorted now’.

Addressing it: Nick Knowles has addressed the axing conflict from DIY SOS and confirmed it is 'sorted now'

Addressing it: Nick Knowles has addressed the axing conflict from DIY SOS and confirmed it is 'sorted now'

Addressing it: Nick Knowles has addressed the axing conflict from DIY SOS and confirmed it is ‘sorted now’

When quizzed by Alison Hammond and Dermot O’Leary on the daytime show, Nick replied: ‘It was a bit odd but I knew that it was only for the one show.

‘It was basically a misunderstanding – we sorted it all out – but it meant that I couldn’t do that one show. 

READ ALSO  The Block's Mark McKie and Tanya Guccione clash as he demands an apology for her 'pig' comments

‘Giving his stand-in, Rhod Gilbert, the seal of approval, Nick continued: ‘But then Rhod came in and Rhod is such a lovely lad and he got emotionally involved with the whole story so I thought he did a great job.’

Awkward: The presenter was dropped from a special of the show after starring in an advert for the Shreddies, going against the broadcaster's guidelines (pictured on DIY SOS)

Awkward: The presenter was dropped from a special of the show after starring in an advert for the Shreddies, going against the broadcaster's guidelines (pictured on DIY SOS)

Awkward: The presenter was dropped from a special of the show after starring in an advert for the Shreddies, going against the broadcaster’s guidelines (pictured on DIY SOS)

Clearing it up: Talking on the situation during an appearance on This Morning on Friday, Nick described the absence as a 'misunderstanding', before assuring that it is 'sorted now'

Clearing it up: Talking on the situation during an appearance on This Morning on Friday, Nick described the absence as a 'misunderstanding', before assuring that it is 'sorted now'

Clearing it up: Talking on the situation during an appearance on This Morning on Friday, Nick described the absence as a ‘misunderstanding’, before assuring that it is ‘sorted now’

Nick moved on swiftly from the topic, as he went on to explain what filming was like during Covid-19.

READ ALSO  Strictly: EastEnders' actress Rose Ayling-Ellis makes history as the first deaf contestant

The axing came after 23 years on the show, as Nick missed out on the Children in Need special of DIY SOS.

Despite playing the absence off as a ‘misunderstanding’, the presenter has previously admitted that he ‘regrets’ doing the ad campaign.

Back on screens:Nick played a jobbing builder in the advert - a move said to go against the BBC's ban on TV talent trading-off their on-screen personas

Back on screens:Nick played a jobbing builder in the advert - a move said to go against the BBC's ban on TV talent trading-off their on-screen personas

Back on screens:Nick played a jobbing builder in the advert – a move said to go against the BBC’s ban on TV talent trading-off their on-screen personas

One show: 'It was basically a misunderstanding - we sorted it all out - but it meant that I couldn't do that one show,' he explained

One show: 'It was basically a misunderstanding - we sorted it all out - but it meant that I couldn't do that one show,' he explained

One show: ‘It was basically a misunderstanding – we sorted it all out – but it meant that I couldn’t do that one show,’ he explained

Nick played a jobbing builder in the advert – a move said to go against the BBC’s ban on TV talent trading-off their on-screen personas.

READ ALSO  Love Island's Maura Higgins holds hands with boyfriend Giovanni Pernice

He told The Sun of his decision to star in the ad: ‘You know, you’ve gotta earn and there was a period during the pandemic where shows just weren’t being made. That work wasn’t there and I’ve got to provide for my family and an opportunity came up.

‘Obviously what I regret is the confusion that arose around it. I certainly would not have chosen to have upset the BBC or upset the programme in any way.’ 

Rules: Speaking about the incident, Nick admitted that while he regrets the 'confusion' he caused with the ad, he took the job to make money during the pandemic (pictured on DIY SOS)

Rules: Speaking about the incident, Nick admitted that while he regrets the 'confusion' he caused with the ad, he took the job to make money during the pandemic (pictured on DIY SOS)

Rules: Speaking about the incident, Nick admitted that while he regrets the ‘confusion’ he caused with the ad, he took the job to make money during the pandemic (pictured on DIY SOS)

Nick Knowles addresses THAT axing conflict from DIY SOS and confirms it is 'sorted now'Source

Follow Us on Facebook

Get Stories Via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe Celebrity Gig Magazine and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 228,549 other subscribers

%d bloggers like this:
Ads Blocker Image Powered by Code Help Pro

Ads Blocker Detected!!!

We have detected that you are using extensions to block ads. Please support us by disabling these ads blocker.

Powered By
CHP Adblock Detector Plugin | Codehelppro