Connect with us

Foreign Celebrity

Rob Kardashian dismisses assault lawsuit against Blac Chyna

Published

on

Rob Kardashian dismisses assault lawsuit against Blac Chyna

Rob Kardashian has put an end to his years-long battle with Blac Chyna.

The former “Keeping Up With the Kardashians” star filed to dismiss his assault lawsuit against Blac Chyna without prejudice for the sake of their daughter, and a judge has approved the motion, Page Six has confirmed.

“My love for Dream far outweighs my desire to proceed with my claims against her mother in a public trial,” Kardashian told Page Six in an exclusive statement Friday.

“Now that the court has ruled that there is sufficient evidence to warrant a jury trial on my claim for assault, for our daughter’s sake, I am dismissing the action and focusing on my co-parenting relationship with Chyna.”

READ ALSO  Gene Simmons: ‘A–hole’ Kanye West needs a ‘good bitch slap’

The dismissal, seen by Page Six, comes after a judge denied Kardashian’s motion to delay the start of the trial, which was slated to begin next week.

As Page Six previously reported, Kardashian sued Chyna in September 2017 for assault, claiming she tried to strangle him with an iPhone charger cord after consuming copious amounts of drugs and alcohol. The 34-year-old former Arthur George sock designer said he was able to escape but claimed she repeatedly struck him in the face and head.

READ ALSO  Bethenny Frankel is carefree in a tie-dye dress as she picks up a festive piñata with daughter Bryn

Kardashian claimed he suffered injuries to his neck, which he later documented on media. Chyna, 33, has vehemently denied her ex-fiancé’s allegations.

In the now-canceled trial, Kardashian’s two friends Eugene Shpilsky, who claims he once witnessed Chyna pointing a gun at Kardashian, and Victory Belz, who “separately witnessed Chyna pointing a gun at Rob and threatening his life,” would be called to testify on his behalf.

rob kardashian and blac chyna
Kardashian claimed in the 2017 lawsuit that Chyna attempted to strangle him with an iPhone charger cord.
Getty Images

Kris Jenner’s longtime boyfriend, Corey Gamble, was also expected to show up for Kardashian’s defense.

“These same two friends of Rob refused to show up at their deposition to put their claims on the record,” Chyna’s attorney, Lynne Ciani, said in a statement to Page Six at the time. “Chyna has video evidence that Rob didn’t have a mark or scratch on him after the alleged attack — because there was no attack.

READ ALSO  Eamonn Holmes shares regret over 'not keeping hip bones after surgery' on This Morning

“Chyna is for her day in court to clear her name,” the statement continued. “Meanwhile, Rob has filed court papers to try to delay his own trial against Chyna yet again.”

Chyna’s attorney didn’t immediately return Page Six’s request for comment.

Rob Kardashian dismisses assault lawsuit against Blac Chyna

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Follow Us on Facebook

Get Stories Via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe Celebrity Gig Magazine and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 228,549 other subscribers

%d bloggers like this:
Ads Blocker Image Powered by Code Help Pro

Ads Blocker Detected!!!

We have detected that you are using extensions to block ads. Please support us by disabling these ads blocker.

Powered By
CHP Adblock Detector Plugin | Codehelppro